Monday, November 23, 2015

Support Your Independent Bookstore - Featuring The Book Loft in Solvang, CA


Copyright: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/profile_graletta'>graletta / 123RF Stock Photo</a>
Earlier this month, I featured one of my favorite local independent bookstores as a way of showing my support during the holiday season. For details on that post, you can go HERE.  
With the shopping frenzy for the holidays right around the corner, I wanted to send a friendly reminder to shop at our local bookstores to keep them in business. Online book shopping is always convenient, but without our support the brick and mortar stores won't be around for much longer, which is absolutely tragic.
Aside from my regular visits to my local bookstores, I always make it a point to visit independent bookstores during my vacations and weekend outings. One bookstore I've had the pleasure of visiting for a second time this summer is
The Book Loft in Solvang, California.  
This bookstore is located in a  beautiful little Dutch town, which is around 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara, CA.  Both times I had the pleasure of visiting, it was hard to get me to leave! Look at how quaint this town and shop are and you'll see what I mean.
As you can see, The Book Loft is absolutely adorable and easy to get lost in. They have a wonderful selection of best sellers, chapter books and general fiction.  If you're anything like me, when I go on vacation I like to have a physical copy of a book handy for the ride, pool, and when I'm just relaxing. Stopping at The Book Loft, I was able to pick up a couple of paperback copies to have in my bag.

What I loved most about this quaint Dutch bookstore were the beautiful shelves and signs that make the place feel absolutely authentic.  Couple that with the wonderful Young Adult selection they have, and I was in heaven!

The Book Loft is definitely a store I want to see remain in business. It has the feel and authenticity of a small Dutch town store that makes the experience of shopping there feel exciting and refreshing!  My hope is that The Book Loft remains in business for many, many years because I plan to revisit Solvang, CA when I get a chance again!

Be sure to visit The Book Loft in Solvang, CA

1 comment:

  1. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete