Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesday, #54 Forged (An Altered Series Prequel) by Jennifer Rush



Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays! Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser Tuesday is for the following...

Forged (Altered, #0.5)

Forged (An Altered Series Prequel) by Jennifer Rush
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: December 3, 2013




Teasers are from Ebook Pages: 6

"Growing up, my mother had always said I was beautiful, but it was never meant as praise. She had the rare gift of turning compliments into disparaging remarks."


"It wasn't until about a year ago that I started to realize that being pretty wasn't such a bad thing. And just to drive the point home to my mother, I started wearing tighter shirts, shorter skirts, and push-up bras. She tried grounding me, but by that point I'd outgrown her, both physically and mentally. I'd learned how to intimidate her from the best teacher: my father."



*Don't forget to sign up for the Altered and Erased Giveaway!!!


 PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here if you don’t have a blog Thanks!





5 comments:

  1. Mothers and daughters are always tricky situations. I hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. My mom and I never got to see eye to eye when I was younger, but thankfully things became better for us now that we're both adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't often read young adult books, but this sounds like one I'd enjoy. I already like the character with her push-up bras and tight skirts!
    My Teaser is from CHRISTMAS CALLING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this series! Great teasers. Makes me ready for Erased!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. After read a couple of the articles on your website these few days, and I truly like your style of blogging. I tag it to my favorites internet site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site also and let me know what you think. Taruhan Bola

    ReplyDelete