Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi

Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi
Published: December 17,  2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
In this electrifying sixty-page companion novella to the New York Timesbestselling Shatter Me series, discover the fate of the Omega Point rebels as they go up against The Reestablishment. Set during and soon after the final moments of Unravel Me, Fracture Me is told from Adam's perspective.

As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.

On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.

Fracture Me sets the stage for Ignite Me, the explosive finale in Tahereh Mafi's epic dystopian series. It's a novella not to be missed by fans who crave action-packed stories with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu.

My Thoughts
“We hear the bombs explode far off in the distance, and that’s when I feel it: the bones inside of me fracture, little earthquakes breaking me apart.”

What an intense punch in this short novella from the Shatter Me series! Fracture Me was definitely the quick fix I needed to keep me pining for more as I wait for the final installment Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. Loved it!

This installment is told in an interesting perspective using Adam’s voice. Through his narrative, we get a glimpse of how he sees Juliette and how lost and vulnerable she seems to be. But more importantly there’s an emotional reveal about how deeply connected he is to his little brother James. There were several scenes in this book that clearly show how Adam’s first and foremost allegiance is to his little brother’s safety and well-being. I loved reading that!

Despite not getting any significant feel for where and what Warner was up to inFracture MeM, because he’s still my main interest in this series, ~wink~ I still enjoyed getting into Adam’s head to uncover what’s most important to him and his motives for destroying The Reestablishment and Warner. Very intriguing and well done!

In a short novel that unveils powerfully gripping scenes of innocent civilians being targeted by The Reestablishment, Tahereh Mafi manages to prove once again that she has a poignant story to tell. I’ll be sure to keep my download button ready on my eReader for the final installment of Ignite Me on February 4th. Can’t wait!!!!
4 Snowflakes

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how I feel about Fracture Me. It left me so confused. It wasn't reading your review that I didn't realize how appreciative I was to Adam's allegiance to his little brother. I mostly looked at it like he wasn't in love with Juliette enough, but I like your take on it. It's not about loving Juliette enough, it's about his connection to James. Which I can appreciate, and by looking at it like that it makes me appreciate Adam more. I lost faith in him a little bit but I totally am still Team Adam. Also I'm not going to lie, there was a line in the novella that made me cry. I love Tahereh's writing so much.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Please do keep up this great work... Taruhan Bola Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete