Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Review: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Publication: February 12, 2013
Publisher: Razorbill
Purchase: B&N / Amazon
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

My Thoughts:
The Indigo Spell was another fantastic addition to the Bloodlines series. The chemistry between Adrian and Sydney was explosive! This was the book I had been waiting patiently for and I am over the moon excited over what has transpired in this installment.
“You can think whatever you want, do whatever you want,” Adrian continued, unaware of my traitorous thoughts. There was a remarkable calm about him. “I’m going to just go on loving you, even if it’s hopeless.”

I LOVED Adrian’s determination. He’s a guy who knows what he wants and isn’t going to stop until he gets it. LOVE HIM! His dialogue will weaken your knees, and his actions will muddle your mind. TOTAL TEAM ADRIAN!!!

Our beloved characters are all present in The Indigo Spell and the tensions have elevated. Ms. Terwilliger is up to something and had me very curious as to what. I never was a fan of hers to begin with and that didn’t change in this story. However, I couldn’t help but wonder if she had been holding back a secret that would answer the method to her magical madness.

Sydney has her own interior battle for her feelings for the Moroi, Adrian, and the urge to repel him due to the beliefs of the Alchemist. I can sympathize with Sydney. Deep down she knew she wasn’t supposed to have a relationship of any kind with them, yet Adrian had weakened her rebuttal against their kind, and him.
We finally get the scoop on who Marcus Finch is and what he’s all about. I was a bit surprised at the information he supplied and the course he had taken. He was an intriguing character nonetheless and added a great deal to the storyline. Also, we understand where the title for this book had come from. The Indigo ink plays a primitive roll around Marcus Finch.

There was action and TONS of quote and swoon worthy moments throughout and I could quote this book like no other. I mean, there could be a novella of quotes that just turned me into a pile of Jell-O! This book fully delivers an intricate combination of steamy, complicated, and steamier.

“Well, you can think what you want, so long as you remember—no matter how ordinary things seem between us—I’m still here, still in love with you, and care about you more than any other guy, evil or otherwise, ever will.”
“I don’t think you’re evil.”
“See? Things are already looking promising.”

Sydney is more involved in magic this time around, but the realization of possibilities was frightening. There’s a whole new spin on deception within the magic world, as well as the Alchemists themselves. This was such a rush of a story. For those of you, who have not read The Indigo Spell, or even The Bloodlines series, should definitely consider doing so. These characters are awesome and the stories just keep getting better and better.


3 comments:

  1. The girl on the cover looks mean, or mad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read and reviewed this one a few days ago and completely agree. this is the bloodlines book I've been waiting for! I was at an "okayish" level with this series and still mourning the end of VA but then this book came out and I was so giddy and so in love with it!
    Lily@ Lilysbookblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this just after finishing Last Sacrifice, and I agree, the story was a little slow, but I still loved it. It was interesting to see know more about the alchemist side, and I can't wait to know more about their history. Sydney is a very smart person, and I haven't read the second book, but I'm really looking forward to see how she handles Adrian as a partner.
    Great review :)

    Micky Johnson (Seattle Divorce Lawyer)

    ReplyDelete