Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bare-Naked Lola by Misa Ramirez



Bare-Naked Lola by Misa Ramirez
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release Date: May 15, 2012
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

Going undercover is second nature for Private Investigator Lola Cruz, but she’s out of her league when the case of a murdered Royals Courtside Dancer leads her to a local nudist resort. Parading around the sidelines of Sacramento’s professional basketball scene in a barely-there cheerleading outfit is one thing—but parading around in nothing but smile? If she has any chance of hiding this from her traditional family and on-again/off-again boyfriend Jack, she’s going to have a lot more than her duct tape bra and killer dance moves to keep under wraps….

Every so often I find a book where I just want to be the main character so bad that I dream about it.  Bare-Naked Lola is definitely one of those books.  I woke up twice thinking I was some kick arse, kung fu fighting, Spanish speaking girl bringing down the bad guy.  I have to admit that I tried to go back to sleep because being Lola was so much fun!!

Lola is a PI and part time waitress at her parents restaurant.  She has been trying to convince everybody that she has what it takes to become a big time player in this male dominant world.  Her big chance comes when the owner of a famous basketball dance team needs her to fish out the crazy person leaving threatening notes for the dancers.  The story is part hilarious and part all out crime fighting fun.  Lola takes a chance and goes undercover as a  Royal dancer and in doing so hopes that nobody she knows will spot her new “career choice”.  Right like that was gonna happen!

This whole book was so much fun!  I loved Lola’s crazy family and all her friends.  I seriously laughed my arse off the entire book!  I never knew who was the villain and I have to say that the whole naturist community was a hoot!  I haven’t laughed this much in a long time.  The story also held its own and I was blown away when the big reveal happened.  It was pure brilliance on the authors part in my opinion.  She definitely kept me on my toes.

I can’t leave this review without mentioning Jack.  He was *sigh* awesome.  Even though I jumped into this series in the middle I could still feel all that angst and heat between him and Lola.  I definitely want to pick up the first 2 books in the series to see what I missed because I have a feeling it was a lot and I want more from these two characters.

I am so SO glad that I was gifted this book.  It was beyond entertaining and I am definitely going to pick up the next installment.  I can’t wait to see what Lola gets into next!
                                                                       4 Stars
                                                      

Find the author:
Website   Twitter   Facebook   Goodeads
                                                   

1 comment:

  1. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Information
    Click Here
    Independent.academia.edu

    ReplyDelete