Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Interview with Carrie Jones


Interview with Carrie Jones for Winterhaven Books (posting May 2)

We are so delighted to have the Carrie Jones stop by to answer a few questions. She is such a sweetheart!
(Winterhavenbooks) Where do you write?

(C.J.) I am a mom, so I have a tendency to write wherever I can, and on whatever I can. I write in the car a lot. I write on the kitchen counter. I write when I’m waiting for my daughter to get out of show choir, which never ever gets out on time. I write in doctors’ waiting rooms. And if my laptop is missing, I will write on notebook pages, grocery store receipts, those mailing inserts in magazines. Pretty much anything. Yes, I am addicted.

(Winterhavenbooks) Are your characters fictional or from real life?

(C.J.) They are usually fictional. Some are originally based on real-life people, but it’s actions and dialogue that make character, how we respond to dealing with a unicorn-zombie apocalypse that makes us who we are. Also, if I have an unrequited crush on someone, they tend to be the love interest in my story. Sad but true.

(Winterhavenbooks) Any advice for new or aspiring writers?

(C.J.) Write as much as you can and never give up.

(Winterhavenbooks) What is your favorite character in Endure?

(C.J.)Hel. It’s hard to rock being a half-zombie, half human, but she does.

(Winterhavenbooks) What is next for you?

(C.J.)I don’t know. I’m terribly afraid that this is it, really. I won’t ever stop writing because I have an obvious addiction, but I don’t know if I will keep being published.

(Winterhavenbooks) Do you have a favorite scene?

(C.J.) I do, but it is way too spoilery to write here. Sorry!

(Winterhavenbooks) How long did it take you to write your story?

(C.J.) The first draft took about a month. Each additional revision took one to two weeks. So… um…. Maybe about four months total?

Thank you for the interview! I hope you have a wonderful year.




It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.

Endure (Need, #4)

                               Expected publication: May 8th 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king . . .

Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.
My thoughts:
Endure is a twisty, absorbing story packed with action, pixies and love!

Zara White has been through the ringer, yet she still see's the good in everyone. She loses Nick, brings him back, loses her father, her grandma Betty runs off. When feeling lost and alone, she pulls up her big girl panties and faces evil with strength and courage. She is one protagonist that packs a punch.

I have adored the Need series from the get-go. The unique world that Carrie Jones has weaved, has been nothing short of entertaining and magical. If you have read the first three books in this series, you will find Endure captivating. The perfect ending to a beautiful story. I couldn't have asked for a better ending. I was left smiling and feeling a sense of happiness upon finishing this book.

“He wipes his hand on his shirt.
What? Did I drool on you?"
A little."
You're a wolf. You should be used to drool."
That's low.”
Carrie Jones, Need
We would like to send out a special "Thank You" to our friend, Bridget, at Bloomsbury for the opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Profile.ameba.jp
    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete