Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Published by Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: Jan 3, 2012

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

MyThoughts:
I am posting this review because a copy of the book was provided by the publisher and I always have a different reaction to actually reading a book as opposed to listening to one.  Amber did a wonderful job with her review of the audio book and I wanted to show that with this book whether you read it or listen to it it is still amazing.

WOW!  This book through me for a complete loop and all I have to say is that I want to go on the ride again!

I wasn’t quite sure about this book when I picked it up.  I love Cinderella, but cyborgs??  I thought there is no way that this author can possible pull this off.  I am very happy to say that she not only pulled it off beautifully but she has created this whole new world that I think will be one of the strongest in the YA crowd this year.
I can’t say it enough that I loved these characters.  Cinder was absolutely the kind of girl I would have loved to hang out with.  She is a rough and tough mechanic, but she has a soft side that lets you know she would have been a wonderful big sister.   I am totally rooting for her!  Prince Kia was definitely worthy of the swoon worthy title.  He is thrown into a mix of politics way too young making him grow up far too early, but still has the boyish charm that all girls fall for.   When Kia first pops up in the book he is in a scene with Cinder and from that moment on he was my favorite.  Iko was another awesome character and I am really hoping that things work out for that little droid.
I loved the storyline so much!  I also appreciated the little quotes in between each part.  The quotes are from the original Cinderella and they really showed you where the story was headed even though this interpretation was so different.  There really wasn’t any part of this book that I didn’t like.  I really can’t wait to read the next installment!  I have so many questions and there are so many scenes that I want to read.  I give this author major kudos for creating such an amazing world and for making me care about a cyborg.  Who knew?!!
                                                                  5 snowflakes!!
                                                     05.png
                                                       Crystal.jpg


A copy was provided by the publisher, thank you so much!

1 comment: