Friday, November 18, 2011

Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres


                                         Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres
                                        Publisher:  Random House Australia
                                                 Release Date: 10/03/11
 Summary Blurb from Goodreads:
Retra - now called Naif - has escaped from Ixion, the island of ever-night. She doesn't know if her friends on the island survived the battle between the Ripers and the rebels. But she does know that she must return home, behind the sealed walls of Grave, to find out why the Ripers have been seen there talking to the councillors. What links the two worlds?

First she must convince Ruzalia to help her. The fierce pirate captain saves those who face terrible fates on Ixion, but that doesn't guarantee their gratitude. Instead, she faces a revolt - and Naif is caught in the middle.

Naif will need all her courage to survive. For Lenoir, who wants to keep her safe, for her friends Suki and Rollo, if they live, for Markes, who has secrets of his own, and for the new friends she will make on this journey.

The fate of worlds depends on it


My Thoughts:
I have learned in the past that quite a few second books in a trilogy are filled with filler and a little bit story.  Well Angel Arias is a huge exception to that rule.  This second book in what is quickly becoming my favorite trilogy delivers an explosive storyline and darkishly delicious characters.
The story picks up where Burn Bright left off with Naif, Markes and Charlonge leaving with Ruzalia, the pirate captain.  They quickly learn that things aboard the ship are not as quiet as they seem and soon they are faced with a revolt that they want nothing to do with.  Running to save their own lives Naif realizes that she has to go back to Grave to help save everyone that she loves.  Going back may be the one thing that kills Naif for good though.

I just fell right into this story.  I finished Burn Bright a few months ago and the story stayed with me long enough that I had no trouble picking this one up and knowing exactly what was going on.  These characters are so real and flawed that you can’t help but feel for them.  Naif has a long way to go but I think that by the end of the last book she will finally learn who she is and I think that moment will be pure awesome.  Marianne de Pierres had me guessing the entire book.  I really cannot wait for the next installment!  Angel Arias does end in a cliff hanger and my oh my is it a biggie.  What comes to life at the end changes everything and I am wondering which is a worse place to be Ixion or Grave.  Lenior is still a mystery to me and I am really wondering how his relationship with Naif will play out.  I am really hoping that we get to see more of this creepy monster in the third installment.

Fans of Burn Bright will love this book.   I really hope this series will be published in the US.  They would definitely be a wonderful addition to the YA bookshelf.  My copy was provided by a wonderful friend but I will definitely buy my very own copy soon.

4 snowflakes

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Click Here
    Dcurbanmom.com

    ReplyDelete